Thing-a-Day 2013 Post 26
I have been busy in the garden today so have not really had time to sit down and do something specially for Thing-a-Day so I am posting a rather creative solution to a problem shrub in my garden.
In the autumn I moved a very large kerria japonica plant to a new location and was not sure if it would survive the brutal event. Today I was pleased to see buds developing on it, but it was really straggly and untidy. I did have it supported with bamboo canes but still a lot of the stems flopped outward.
As the stems seemed to be quite flexible I bent some of the lower shoots to go around the entire plant, intertwining the finer side shoots as I went, thus creating a loose ring of stems around the bush. Since these are still attached to the plant and have a lot of buds on…
View original post 53 more words